How can I design effective collaborative tasks for students?
Episode 103: Jump up
Please Sign In or Register*
to view this video
*To protect students' privacy, you must register for a PhysPort account and prove you are an educator
University of Maryland
Sample Discussion Prompts
- The “task for students” above is an excerpt from a tutorial worksheet. What does the learning goal of the excerpt appear to be?
- What features of the tutorial worksheet excerpt encourage students to engage with the target physics concepts?
- What features of the worksheet excerpt help students engage with each other?
- What features of the worksheet excerpt may help them arrive at a scientific understanding (even without assistance from an instructor)?
- Watching the episode, what do you observe about how the students interact with the tutorial worksheet?
- What design principles does this episode suggest for effective collaborative tasks for students?
Other Lessons featuring this video