PhysPort features two collections of video workshops that you can use for:
- training teaching assistants (TAs) or learning assistants (LAs) to use best practices in teaching physics
- professional development for other faculty in instructional best practices
- learning to use research-based teaching in your own classes
What is Periscope?
A collection of lessons for faculty and LAs/TAs to:
- watch and discuss videos of best-practices physics classrooms
- apply lessons learned to actual teaching situations
- practice interpreting student behavior
- become more effective teachers
What is the Virtual New Faculty Workshop?
Videos of presentations from the live Workshop for New Faculty in Physics and Astronomy feature:
- leaders in physics education research and curriculum development
- teaching techniques proven to work in many environments
- cutting-edge developments in physics/astronomy curriculum and pedagogy