PhysPort Data Explorer
Investigative Science Learning Environment
- Students work collaboratively on all aspects of the logical progression of the ISLE process, share their findings and can explain how they know what they know.
- Students progress through a series of experiments and reasoning activities following the ISLE process. They do not make predictions before observational experiments.
- Students are encouraged to resubmit their work (lab reports, quizzes, homeworks, etc.) to improve their performance. There is no penalty for resubmissions.
- Students use scientific abilities rubrics for self-assessment and improvement and instructors use the rubrics for feedback.
- Students read the textbook after performing activities in class.
- Instructors facilitate discussions, provide “the need to know” and summarize the findings of the activities through “time for telling”.